Thursday, January 7, 2010

The on goings of a corporations

We have a young man at the hill, name lets say tom, who has been with us for three years now. He is getting really good and doing a great job. But it was brought to our attention the other day that he is leading a group of people around who know nothing about the hill and helping in training them and he is making almost 2 doallars an hour less than them. This got me thinking so today we, me and another lead, talked with a supervisor to try and at least see if we could get him a little more and the response we got was, "Well these are though times and we are still under what we made this time last year". Wait a minute! What the **** is that. We have been open two weeks more than we where last year and were under. I don't think so! Nice try, try again. It is the corporate world. Come to think of it our CEO and others below him got huge bonuses last year for doing such a great job with the budget. But we can't give one person a 50 cent or dollar raise. It's kind of disturbing to think about. What happened to lets take care of our own? As they always tell us. Greed thats what it's not surprising but frustrating to think that in today world poeple just can't get over them selves and help another. So now that my frustrations are out THANKS SIS for all you do you and those around. You all make this world a better place for all of us. Wish people would just learn from others.

1 comment:

  1. Stop making me cry!! You are getting WAY too good at that! I only do what God pushes me to do...I got my fair share of stubbornness.

    I agree, it's frustrating and totally wrong. I hope Tom gets the raise he deserves. The almighty dollar is a tough thing to see through for those at the top sometimes.

    ReplyDelete